Sunday, May 29, 2011

Inspiration

My inspiration for this story is this song:






I fell in love with Ryan Star during CBS's Rock Star "Supernova" in the summer of 2006. Best reality show ever, btw. BRING BACK ROCK STAR! ahem. I thought immediately that he looked like he didn't belong there. I found out real fast that the reason I thought that was because he was too good for that made up band. He did "Losing My Religion" and oh my word... I have to go watch that. I'm not sure he appreciated it when I told him I thought Tommy Lee & the "Supernova" crew chose the right winner. He didn't fit them and I thought they would have brought him down. Now, after five years, I realize he could have possibly raised them up... maybe made them relevant. Not that I don't think Lukas was too good for them as well, but... but this isn't about Supernova. Sorry, I ramble.


Anyway, I went to see him in the fall of 2006 (twice). The first time I saw him was in Cleveland. It was the first time he ever played this song live. (He played it on piano, like in the above video.) It made me cry. He circled the song title on his set list, autographed it and handed it to me. It's a very special song to me. He's a very special person and I am proud to say he has touched my life. If you're not familiar with his music, do yourself a favor and familiarize yourself with it.


This is the picture my friend took of us talking about the song and that's the set list in my hands:




Here is the link to the official video.
Angela, the artist in the video is the inspiration (which will probably become obvious quickly) for the girl in my Marc Staal story.


The title of this story, "Unbreak" is also a Ryan Star song. "Breathe" seemed like too popular a title. The title of the Danny Carcillo story, "Last Train Home", is another Ryan Star song. It was on the PS I Love You soundtrack. His music and lyrics paint pictures in my head. It only seems fitting to pimp him for fueling my creativity.

I do hope you enjoy this story. I don't know when I will start it. I'm a little afraid to interrupt "Set Fire to the Rain".

No comments:

Post a Comment